Your Guide to Academic, Career, and Personal Success
TO COMPLETE SHAQ:
1. This SHAQ program is a JAVA Applet. The SHAQ JAVA APPLET WILL NOT RUN UNLESS YOU CHANGE YOUR JAVA SECURITY SETTINGS TO MAKE SHAQ AN EXECEPTION! (This SHAQ version requests your email, but you can invent a fake one).
2, BETTER, Download the NEWIST
SHAQ APP VERSION. It runs on any Windows PC computer;
GO TO: http://web.csulb.edu/~tstevens/success/SHAQ-instrs.htm and
Click on the two links to download the SHAQ APP (2 parts).
3. OR you can go to https://csulb.academia.edu/TomStevens to download all SHAQ questions, answers, and scoring keys. Then you can take the paper and pencil version. [However, this is very tedious and not recommended.]
TO MAKE SHAQ AN EXCEPTION TO RUN THE JAVA APPLET:
FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS AT http://java.com/en/download/faq/exception_sitelist.xml
NOTE: SHAQ IS SAFE!! THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE HAVE USED THIS VERSION. However we have not updated the original version to meet the new Java requirements. If you have a Windows system (PC), you can run the latest APP version. Return to page; http://web.csulb.edu/~tstevens/success/SHAQ-instrs.htm to download it.
NOTE: FOXFIRE and MS INTERNET EXPLORER seem to work well once you make the JAVA SECURITY EXCEPTION ABOVE
Your Web BROWSER may popup a SCARY WARNING ABOUT USE OF SHAQ based upon the fact that SHAQ is a Java Applet.
SHAQ IS A SAFE APPLICATION! Agree to run it dispite any "risks."
Need JAVA Plug-in? If you get a message that you need a Java plug-in, follow the instructions to download the plug-in. SHAQ requires a recent version. For more information, click here.
1. SHAQ MAY BE HIDING on your
side or bottom bar (where programs are minimized to). The SHAQ item will probably have a coffee symbol
and "Success" with it.
CLICK ON THE SHAQ ITEM and SHAQ should pop-up.
2. AT FIRST, SHAQ takes
1-2 minutes to load on slow Internet connections, but is normally fast afterwards.
AFTER COMPLETING SHAQ, it takes 1-4 minutes on slow Internet connections to send the data back and calculate results--DO NOT INTERRUPT THE PROCESS or you could lose your results!
TO BEGIN SHAQ, wait for the POP-UP Frame
and click on the button that says to begin.
AFTER RECEIVING YOUR RESULTS,
(1) Click on 'Get Savable Results' button in the LEFT window to get a savable, printable copy of your SHAQ results in THIS/RIGHT window, and
(2) click on INTERNET LINKS in the LEFT window and they will open HELP LINKS in THIS window.
PROBLEMS WITH SAVING RESULTS, FREEZING/LOW MEMORY, or SHAQ WORKING PROPERLY? Click Here DO NOT CLOSE YOUR BROWSER--or the Results will vanish!
OTHER PROBLEMS? CONTACT US: If you are having any problems with SHAQ, contact us at email@example.com . If possible, don't close your browser.
Note: SHAQ has been approved by the California State University, Long Beach Institutional Review Board (IRB) beginning November 7, 2002.
Author: Tom G. Stevens PhD, Emeritus Psychologist
California State University, Long Beach