WELCOME TO MY WEBSITE,
Since immigrating to Southern California in 1987 I have taught at the University of California, Riverside; the University of
California, Los Angeles; the University of Southern California; and California State University, Long Beach, where I am now
I have published the following books:
- Terrorized: How the War on Terror Affected American Culture and Society. Amazon: Kindle, 2011.
- Martin Amis. Routledge Guides to Literature London and New York: Routledge, 2008
- English Fiction Since 1984: Narrating a Nation London and New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2006
- D. H. Lawrence. Sons and Lovers: A Critical Study Harmondsworth, Middlesex: Penguin; New York: Viking Penguin, 1990
- The Inner I: British Literary Autobiography of the Twentieth Century London:Faber & Faber; New York: Oxford UP, 1985
- Christopher Isherwood: A Critical Biography London: Faber & Faber; New York: Oxford UP, 1979
- Since How It Is: A Study of Samuel Beckett's Later Fiction London: Covent Garden P, 1972
This web site is constructed for the benefit of scholars and lovers of literature the world over, and for my students at California State University, Long Beach.
Scholars will find my scholarly essays on twentieth century novelists under PUBLISHED ESSAYS.
My students will find syllabi for current courses I am teaching under COURSES, and immediate access to the library catalog (COAST), its databases and interlibrary loan request forms (BeachReach) below under STUDENT RESOURCES.